2022 opens with great surprises: The yule logs of the great chefs
As baking experts, we are thrilled to bring you the most remarkable creations from top chefs for the holiday season. The traditional Yule log has been reinvented by the greatest pastry talents, who have combined original flavors and creative shapes to delight the taste buds. From December to January, tasting these delicious logs is more recommended than ever.
Let's discover together these exceptional creations:
- Matthieu Carlin, pastry chef at the Hôtel de Crillon, presents a yule log in the shape of a sled. Based on a dark chocolate structure, it contains a dacquoise biscuit with roasted and salted Piedmont hazelnuts, a fromage blanc mousse, a marmalade and a lemon cream. A milk jam completes this delicious creation.
- François Perret, crowned best pastry chef in the world in 2021, revisits the yule log with a chocolate tree made of a light and cocoa-flavored biscuit. Accompanied by a caramelized almond praline and a subtle chocolate mousse, this dessert will amaze young and old alike.
- Chef Nicolas Guercio innovates with an original creation: a trompe-l'oeil yule log reminiscent of a tangerine placed in a Christmas slipper. This sweet creation combines a light tangerine, a soft chocolate gluten-free cookie and a dark chocolate crisp. A mandarin crème brûlée, a Valrhona 64% dark chocolate mousse and a mandarin jelly enhance the flavors of this dessert.
- And how not to mention Cédric Grolet's yule log for Le Meurice? A gourmet creation in the shape and flavors of lemon, with a fresh composition combining three varieties of lemons. A refreshing and elegant dessert
In addition to these delicious logs, we would like to provide you with our 5 essential tips for optimal use of our plastic moulds. Follow these instructions to preserve the properties of our molds and bake with peace of mind.
At Boutique Petit, we are proud to offer you superior quality molds to make your most daring pastry creations. Discover now our disposable recycled plastic molds and get ready to amaze your guests with desserts that are as delicious as they are surprising.
5 essential user tips
- Store the molds in a cool, dry place, away from heat and humidity. Keep the molds in the original cover and carton for optimal protection.
- Avoid placing them near sources of heat or flammable materials that could affect the quality of the plastic. Handle molds with care and avoid contact with sharp objects.
- Use the molds within one year after delivery date to ensure best use.
- Tolerate slight dimensional variations up to 1 mm and a margin of 7% regarding the net weight, in accordance with the indications on the product sheets.
- To facilitate the unmolding of the desserts, pour hot water into the "skirt" (the base) of the moulds. This allows a smooth release, ideal especially for frozen pastries.
By following these tips, you will extend the life of your recycled plastic molds while guaranteeing optimal results with each preparation. At Boutique Petit, we make every effort to offer you superior quality pastry moulds, made in France and respectful of the environment.